Sunday, February 5, 2012

What a great couple of weeks of construction!!

It's been 2 weeks and so much has happened, that it's difficult to keep track of it all!  Remember that I have an Architectural office with several employees, and being a contractor is a full time job too!! So far, I've been able to juggle the two schedules, but it's definitely NOT easy...  Waking up earlier than usual and going to bed later than usual takes some getting used to.  What's gonna happen when my two jobs have important issues at the same time? I imagine a scene like the one in Mrs Doubtfire where he was having dinner with 2 different people AS two different people...  I'm strangely kinda looking forward to it!
As I mentioned, a lot has happened... but only a "few" pictures are needed:'
First, here's the "red-lined" version of the shop drawings for the trusses.  I don't know that I've ever reviewed any shop drawings so diligently in my life!










Then I redesigned the stairs on the fly...












Ceci is always  up for going to the site with me...Future Contractor? or Architect? or does she just like to hang out with me?!










 Batter boards were all set up.  Just what I needed for the Setback Inspection, right?  If only construction was that easy... Setback inspection can't be done with out the rebar in the foundation, so...









...let's put in the foundation rebar! Oh wait, first we have to spray the site with termite killer...











Now, let's put in the rebar! Oh wait, next we need to compact the soil and test it for density...











...with a very sophisticated piece of machinery.












Now can we put in the rebar?  Almost!  Just a vapor barrier first, THEN....











 The rebar?  YES! and don't forget the wire mesh, and the corner bars, the top steel, the slab depression forms, the window openings, the door openings, the reinforced masonry bars, the column steel, the dowels, the electrical floor outlets, the panel and sub panel locations, the elec outlet for the island cooktop, and the hundred other things that had to go there before the slab gets poured...



















Oh yeah, don't forget the electrical service lines and the grounding to the foundation steel!! Whew! So much to remember!
















NOW, I can call for my Setback Inspection, Foundation Steel Inspection, Slab inspection, Compaction inspection, Termite Treatment Inspection, Plumbing Underground and Sewer Connection Inspections, Underground electric inspection, and Mechanical Underground inspection.... And hope none of them fail!






Let me introduce you to the Property Owner, Architect, Contractor, Plans expediter, and Inspector!  Everything looks good... I'm ready to pour concrete on Monday (weather permitting, of course. there is rain in the forecast.)










All inspections are APPROVED!
Ready for a Concrete floor!!

1 comment:

  1. If you had financial problems, then it is time for you to smile. You only need to contact Mr. Benjamin  with the amount you wish to borrow and the payment period that suits you and you will have your loan  within three working days. I just benefited for the sixth time a loan of 700 thousand dollars for a period of 180 months with the possibility of paying before the expiration date. Mr Benjamin has be helping me with loan.Make contact with him and you will see that he is a very honest man with a good heart.His email is  lfdsloans@outlook.com   and his WhatApp phone number is + 1-989-394-3740 

    ReplyDelete