Monday, January 16, 2012

It's January 16th....

...and construction didn't exactly start, but some progress has been made.  Thomas Garcia (Tommy the Plumber, or Plommy the Tummer, as Max and Ceci like to call him!) came by and got the water meter hooked up, a big truck of clean fill came in and dumped it on the site, and a 20 yard trash container was dropped off.  I'm happy that something happened and unhappy that something was stolen from the site already!  That's right, stolen!  My Picnic Table/Construction Site Conference Table has been claimed by someone who thought that it either belonged to them or thought that this was an abandoned property, even though the No Trespassing signs are clearly displayed.  I have spoken to Miami Police about the situation.  Let's see what that does...
Anyway, I'm really excited to see things starting to move after a month of sitting idle.  I hope to be writing often throughout the process.  I have a prediction that I'll be moving in on -- October 31, 2012. 

 First truck arrives and thankfully, the dumpster wasn't here yet!
 










Then the dumpster arrives.  Watch out you don't hit the tree with your exhaust!












Ooops! The tree may have won...












So now the site is ready for January 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment