Monday, January 9, 2012

Starting construction on the 16th of January...

At least that's what I'm told... who knows really, though.  There's so much that needs to happen.  As a contractor for the first time, (other than smaller projects without permits!) I'm learning what it takes to do this... I know this process is going to be a heck of an eye-opener.  I know that I will be able to relate to my homeowner clients better and be more sympathetic to their issues.  Maybe it's the kind of thing that every Architect should do earlier in our careers (if only we could afford it earlier!) Tasks like ordering a floating meter, to temporary electric, to negotiating fees with subs, and pulling permits... These are only the beginning.  I know. Now I need to get a dumpster company, and hire the surveyor to locate the "4 corners".  I think I'll order it WITH offsets... I'm learning alot already!  Anyway, January 16, Kevin from CKA Construction should start digging footers...
Stay Tuned!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment