Sunday, December 18, 2011

Demolition...

  Demolition was awesome... I was up early that day and got everyone up as well!  by 7:30 the whole family, including the temporary dog (a stray Cristy picked up a few days before and we still hadn't found the owner yet), were all at the site, where we saw Santi, from MAK Builders, who was there on Miguel's behalf.  The smaller of the 2 trucks that were supposed to be there, was already there and the operator, who had an attitude and a chip on his shoulder, started with what he thought he would be able to with it (after an argument with Santi and throwing a hissy fit!)...which turned out not to be much!  A few swipes at the overhangs of the roof, and he had to stop.  He needed something with more BALLS, to tear down this structure!  It was a happy day from there on...  there were at least a couple of occasions where I had to wipe the tears of joy from my eyes!  This was quite a morning for the neighborhood!  Although we had already met all of the adjacent neighbors, this was a day to meet many others!  The kids will have lots of playmates around, including a couple of homeschooler's!  The dog was a great ice-breaker for the kids...  I spent the morning taking pictures and videos.  I wanted to stay til they finished, especially since I was nervous about the wall that needed to remain to maintain the non-compliant setback.  But Santi was there, so I felt ok when I had to leave to go the in-laws for whatever reason, I don't remember anymore.  I was glowing that day, though, and I showed off the pics and videos to just about anyone that stopped to talk to me for more than 2 seconds!  Have a look for yourself!
This is what the "House" looked like before DEMO.












 On our way to the site...











And so it begins...
A small back hoe, is never enough!
http://youtu.be/bgSWYRHEPIA












Time to bring in the heavy artillery!











Good thing Santi was there...
















Even the kids got in on the action!











I just love this picture...the machine eating the building!

No comments:

Post a Comment